Wednesday, February 14

Kites

My sister and I were given tiny kites for Christmas, a gift from our father when he saw how our homemade kites spun rather than flew. On my visit this past week we tried to fly them, but the wind was minimal and they pretty much hovered. They were kind of fun as streamers though, and the marina was beautiful.

We gave them mighty names to counteract their small size. On the left is my kite Thor and on the right is my sister's kite Gunther.
Thor liked the ground.


This is the ground squirrel that was all too comfortable with humans...I think he was trying to give us the plague; this is probably an assumption I've gathered from too much extra curricular reading. My current book of choice is called "The Great Mortality" and now I feel like all rodents have plague, even though I'm sure they don't.