Saturday, September 1

Seriously People...why?

ME: Thank you for calling Toyota service, how can I help you?

CUSTOMER: I have a Corolla....is it under warranty?

ME: Well sir, I don't know, what year is your Corolla?

CUSTOMER: 2006, it needs a light.

ME: Well, Toyota warranty is three years or 36,000 miles. If the light malfunctioned because of a manufacturur's defect it should be under your warranty, but we have to inspect the vehicle to verify any warranty issue. Which light is it?

CUSTOMER: You know....a light.

ME: Well, there are a lot of different lights in a Corolla, is it a headlight?

CUSTOMER: No, it's a light.

ME: Like I said, there are a lot of lights in a car. Is it an interior light?

CUSTOMER: Yeah, one of those.

ME: Okay, is it a dome light, a reading light, glove box light, control panel light, climate control light? I need you to be more specific.

CUSTOMER: A yellow light.

ME: ....okay....bring the vehicle into the service drive and one of our greeters can check out that problem for you so we can determine what light you need. Is there anything else I can help you with? No? Okay sir, have a nice day.