Saturday, April 19


I found myself on familiar ground this past week; I stayed in Cambria for a night on my way to Santa Cruz to see Chris. He has been on tour for the past two months, and this was the first chance I had to see him since he left. I loved being in Santa Cruz because Chris was there, but as far as being impressed by the town? I would have to say that I didn't really enjoy Santa Cruz as much as I thought I would. The city was planned very strangely and most of the stores were clones of stores I could find in Southern California. Although, I did like some of the outlying towns, specifically the one Chris and I explored a little bit. This town, by the way, now holds the title for weirdest sushi I have ever had. Basil in sushi? I would advise against it, not the best flavored sushi roll I have ever had. Most of my town pictures are from Cambria though, I think I will always have a fondness for that place; it may be kind of boring, but it is also very beautiful and calming.

The last time I was in Cambria was about a year and a half ago. Nothing has really changed much since then.

The trees and seascapes around the area make me think of some of the designs from The Arts and Crafts movement. I also found some things I had missed last time, like this amazing gate.