Thursday, June 19

Book Exchange Update

I was curious about the state of the book exchange at Fairway, so after work tonight I took a detour to check it out. I don't know if I should be proud or sad. There are now TWO gray tubs and they are full of books; none of those books are books I had left either, so I felt that my contribution benefited someone. However, the selection of books available in those tubs was dismal. Dozens of freaking romance novels...dozens. I bet the perpetrator of these romance novel donations is someone on the inside...which Fairway employee is responsible? I must acknowledge the one book that was not a romance novel, one I have actually read and would recommend, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown; it's nothing spectacular, but at least it isn't His Dark and Dangerous Ways. Arrrggghhh....