Friday, February 18

Creative Space

I have to admit, I stole this idea, and most of these pictures from flavorwire. I love the idea though. How do people organize a space to facilitate the creative process? Does the space indicate the mind? Indeed, I believe our inward state seeps into the spaces we inhabit.

Lets start with the space of one well known author, whose Autobiography was just published in November; Mark Twain.
Next is one of my favorite authors Roald Dahl.

There is, of course, the work space of Albert Einstein.

Equally as interesting is the work space of the good people at Pixar, in Emeryville CA.

More Pixar.

Tina Fey
Susan Sontag

Steve Jobs

Then there's Woody Allen; I'm not a huge Woody Allen fan, but the giant bee hive caught my attention. In fact, the whole decor made me wonder when the quilting party was going to begin.

Finally, Jane Austin; simple, quill, ink, paper...probably staged for a historically themed installation. What writer only has one sheet of paper and a VERY clean quill?