Saturday, February 2

Krazy Kat Klub, the Speakeasy Tree House

I found this on Messy Nessy Chic, photos from a speak easy tree house in Washington DC in the 1920s. This is the bohemian office space of my dreams! Artists that gather to paint, open space, a fun place for people to gather and have a drink or two. I can picture myself perched up in that tree house with my laptop and a mug of coffee in the morning, watching animals in the yard, or relaxing at night and star gazing.
As you might imagine, an open air speakeasy operating during prohibition, Krazy Kat Klub was raided many times. Apparently the bar is still there though:
“Krazy Kat in 1920 was a Bohemian joint in an old stable up near Thomas Circle where artists, musicians, atheists, and professors gathered. Miraculously the structure still stands, five blocks from the White House, as a gay bar called the Green Lantern. “ – Independent Gay Forum
If I'm ever in DC I absolutely want to visit this place.