Thursday, December 20

Free Rice


I have to give credit to my hipster mom for showing me this when I was home for Thanksgiving. I had meant to post a blog about it awhile ago and created a link, but forgot to explain that link. It wasn't until I was browsing through last months Rolling Stone when I saw a review of the site and remembered my plan. That's right mom, you told me about this site before I found it in Rolling Stone. Basically, this is a web word game that challenges your vocabulary. The game adjusts to your vocabulary level based on how many words you get right; for every correct word twenty grains of rice are donated to the United Nations World Food Program. Now, twenty grains doesn't seem like much, but after playing for awhile the piles of rice add up. The site was created in October and already 9,868,446,910 grains of rice have been donated. Check it out freerice.com.