Sunday, December 7


To steal adjectives from Robert Frost, the weather has been damp, dark, and lovely all day today. There is something cathartic about a rainy day; the dust and grime are rinsed away from the world and the aroma of damp soil and pine trees fills the air. I have been working at the Quiet Creek Inn during my break from Astrocamp, and until today I have thought that the creek for which the inn is named was a little too quiet. Today I could actually hear rushing water behind the cabins as I folded linens and washed windows. The earth renewed, is really what I heard. Days like this remind me that when everything seems dingy, when I am tired of the struggle and nothing seems right, abundance does return. I may spend more time in the dingy, unsatisfying phase of my life than I would like to, but I have faith that things will change when they need to. "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1